The most common question why choose cedar?
The Waldun Group manufactures split and resawn as well as tapersawn shakes available in premium, number one, and standard grades. You can order shingle products in 16, 18, and 24 inch lengths with grades one to four. Whether it’s one inch Tapersawns, one and a quarter inch Jumbos, or 100% 2 Pack we can do it. Our specialty is to meet your market needs.
Hand split cedar shakes have a split face and resawn back great rustic look.
- Cedar Shakes are available in a #1 grade edge grain or #2 that is 80% edge grain
- These products are available in 18 or 24 inch lengths.
- Exposure to the weather varies with each length or desired architectural appearance.
- Cedar shakes can offer a natural, rustic charm.
- Cedar shakes are graded in compliance to UBC 15-3 and CSA 97 standards.
- All cedar shakes with a #1 label are guaranteed to contain 80% edge grain in every bundle.
Tapersawn cedar shakes are sawn on both sides.
- Just like hand split and resawn cedar shakes they are available in a #1 grade or #2
- Also available in 18 or 24 inch lengths and thicknesses from 5/8 inch to 1 1/8 inch.
- The exposure varies with each length or desired architectural appearance.
- Tapersawn cedar shakes can offer a thicker shadow line than a shingle, while still enhancing a smooth style.
- When producing tapersawn cedar shakes it is easy to hide defects such as knot shadows and flat grain. Unfortunately some manufacturers allow these types of defects. So it is important to know where your cedar is coming from.
Cedar shingles have a reduced exposure to obtain a 3-ply roof system.
- These top-grade cedar shingles are 100% heartwood, 100% clear and 100% edge grain.
- Available in 16, 18 or 24 inch lengths. The exposure varies with each length.
- Cedar shingles offer a smooth, tailored look.
- All cedar butt ends are cut with a circular cut-off saw. This (A-butt) shingle is so smooth you can clearly see every growth ring at the butt end of the piece.
- All cedar shingles produced at our mills have an even thickness.