Tapersawn cedar shakes are sawn on both sides.
Call us for more information on pricing availability sizes and grades.
- Just like hand split and resawn shakes they are available in a #1 grade which allows a minimum of 80% edge grain and maximum of 20% flat grain or a #1 premium grade which must be 100% edge grain.
- Available in 18 or 24 inch lengths and thicknesses from 5/8 inch to 1 1/8 inch.
- The exposure to the weather varies with each length or desired architectural appearance.
- Tapersawn shakes can offer a thicker shadow line than a shingle, while still enhancing a tailored, smooth style.
- When producing tapersawn shakes it is easy to hide defects such as knot shadows and flat grain. Unfortunately some manufacturers allow these types of defects.